Sunday, April 14, 2013

Wilson Daniels Merlot Tasting

Name: Wilson Daniels Merlot
Variety: Merlot
Region: 
Central Coast  
Country:
 California 
Year:
 2010 
Price:
 $7.95


ReviewMade predominantly from Paso Robles grapes, the wine is full- bodied and silky yet robust, with aromas of black cherry and plum and a palate of blackberry, raspberry and blueberry jam laced with 
vanilla and toast.

My Review: The nose on this wine was smoky. It had a really funky smell. It was kind of foul, almost, and I got a hint of skunk on the nose. I was not really looking forward to tasting this wine. The taste reminded me of vegetables, maybe like asparagus. On my second sip I got more of a vanilla taste than the vegetables. However, the second taste did not make up for the first. This is definitely not a wine I would choose to buy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment