Sunday, April 14, 2013

Caprice de Bastor-Lamontagne Tasting

Name: Caprice de Bastor-Lamontagne
Variety: 60% Semillon, 36% Sauvignon Blanc, 4% Muscadelle
Region: 
Sauternes  
Country:
 France 
Year:
 2004
Price:
 $7.95


ReviewVery clean, with lemon, mineral and honey aromas that follow through to a medium body. Shows vanilla, apple and melon flavors, with a medium finish. Lightly sweet.

My Review: I was eager to try this wine. I definitely have a palate that is favorable to sweetness and the color and label of this wine suggested it would be very sweet. The taste reminded me of vacation. I tasted a hint of pina colada, with an overwhelming taste of mango daiquiris. I'm not sure if it was because we had just tasted dry red wines, but this wine was way too sweet, even for me. I really liked the couple sips I had, but I don't think I would have been able to drink an entire glass of it. For the price, I might still pick up a bottle to try it out. Maybe if I am not coming off of other dry wines, the sweetness would not have been so overwhelming and apparent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment