Sunday, April 28, 2013

Trattoria Busa Alla Torre Da Lele Tasting

Name: Trattoria Busa Alla Torre Da Lele
Variety: 100% Syrah/Shiraz
Region: 
Veneto  
Country:
 Italy 
Year:
 NV
Price:
 $7.95


ReviewNamed after the famous restaurant in Italy! This is their house white wine! Coppery color from extended skin contact, round and rich texture with juicy melon aromas and flavors with a sweet fennel note on the ultra smooth finish. Great value Grigio! Drink now.

My Review: I was excited to try this wine because Pinot Grigio is definitely one of my favorites. The color was very interesting to me. It was much darker than most Pinot Grigios, this looked much more like dark apple juice. The smell was kind of citrusy, almost tart. However, when I actually tasted it, I definitely got some of the melon descriptions I read about in the review. I kind of got a taste of honeydew on the finish. I honestly don't like honeydew at all, so this wine left a bad taste in my mouth. For $8, it is not something I would buy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment