Saturday, April 6, 2013

Veleta Tempranillo Rosado Tasting

Name: Veleta Tempranillo Rosado
Variety: 100% Tempranillo
Region: 
Granada 
Country:
 Spain 
Year:
 2010 
Price:
 $3.95


Review: Fresh in flavor and crisp in texture, this dry rose offers berry, tart cherry and light herbal flavors, with firm acidity and a clean finish. Focused and juicy. 

My Review: The nose on this wine had a strong scent of caramel. It was a very sweet caramel, like caramel sauce that you put on ice cream. It kind of had a foul smell the more I smelled it. The taste was cringe-worthy, it was really sour and tart. The finish had a very strong vanilla taste, with a hint of the caramel that I smelled in the nose. I did not like this wine at all, all the flavors were way too intense for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment