Thursday, April 4, 2013

Veleta Brut Vino Espumoso Rosado Tasting

Name: Veleta Brut Vino Espuoso Rosado   
Variety: Tempranillo? 
Region: 
Spain 
Country:
 Spain 
Year:
 NV 
Price:
 $3.95


Review: Rose salmon with copper reflections. Slow rising fine bubble that forms "lace" and "rosary." In the nose is complex and elegant with red fruit, citric, exotic, fresh flowers, and notes of dry fruits and dry flowers. Fresh, gentle, and alive. Perfectly integrated "perlage" with serious and subtle flavors or dry fruits, pomegranate and lemonade. Long last scent of flowers and herbs.

My Review: This wine had a really strong nose. It smelled very floral to me. This wine tasted like the outdoors. When I tasted it, the first thing I thought of was dandelions. The finish had a very soft taste of vanilla, and was not too dry tasting. This wine was okay, definitely a bargain for $3.95 but I don't think I would go out of my way to purchase it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment