Thursday, April 18, 2013

Ksana Bonarda Tasting

Name: Ksana Bonarda
Variety: 100% Bonarda 
Region: 
Mendoza  
Country:
 Argentina 
Year:
 2008
Price:
 $9.95


ReviewThe bouquet is floral and lightly jammy, with berry aromas and a savory note or two. To the uninitiated, this is a great introduction to Bonarda. Finishes solid. Very sweet, berry smell with some rooty undertones. Kind of dry, makes your lips pucker.

My Review: The nose on this wine was kind of smelly, it smelled like the outdoors. This was the first wine where I feel like I understood what Gary has meant when he says a wine smells like a barnyard. When I tased this wine, I actually cringed it was so dry. I am very sensitive to dry reds, I really don't like them. This one was pretty bad, I would never buy this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment