Sunday, April 14, 2013

Torre Castillo Alegre Tasting

Name: Torre Castillo Alegre
Variety: 100% Monastrell 
Region: 
Jumilla  
Country:
 Spain 
Year:
 2010
Price:
 $9.95


Review4 months in new American oak barrels. Bright ruby-red. Dried cherry, pipe tobacco and rose aromas, with a hint of woodsmoke. Sweet and fleshy on the palate, with blackberry and cherry flavors complimented by licorice and a suggestion of dried herbs. The cherry and smoke notes repeat on the finish.

My Review: The nose on this wine gave me a very strong smell of cheese. Definitely a white variety of cheese, maybe like a swiss, that has kind of a sour taste and smell. I got the same kind of taste on the taste, of sour cheese. After reading the review, I could identify the taste of dried herbs. This wine was too dry for me and the cheesey taste threw me off. I am not a huge fan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment