Saturday, April 6, 2013

Chateau Serres Sainte Lucie Corbieres Tasting

Name: Chateau Serres Sainte Lucie Corbieres
Variety: Syrah, Grenache and Mourvedre 
Region: 
Corbieres 
Country:
 France 
Year:
 2010 
Price:
 $4.95


Review: Superb dark garnet color with a few relections of dark orange. Intense nose of ripe fruits, spices, and roasted coffee. The palate is rounded and full, with silky matured tannins and hints of vanilla. This wine is rich and powerful with layers of tannins.

My Review: The nose on this wine was very chocolatey. I also smelled mocha.The mocha taste really came through and it was actually kind of spicy. The spicy flavors were potent, my friends face puckered when we tried it. Unusually, I didn't taste any fruits. I didn't really taste any of the orange that I expected after reading the description. 

No comments:

Post a Comment