Sunday, April 28, 2013

Lobetia Tempranillo Tasting

Name: Lobetia Tempranillo
Variety: 100% Tempranillo
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $10.95


ReviewOrganically and naturally grown and made, this wine allows the varietal and the terroir to stand out cleanly. It shows a nice cherry color with a violet shade because of its youth. Red berries and cherries on the nose. On the palate it is fresh, slightly astringent, and harmonious with a long finish.

My Review: The nose on this wine was really strong, and just got more so when I swirled it in my glass. It had very strong scents of raspberry and even some blueberry for me. The taste was more smokey and oaky than fruity, which I found to be surprising, and the finish was too dry for my palate. However, I did get a really subtle hint of blackberry. This wine was not fruity enough for me on the taste, I would not buy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment