Thursday, February 21, 2013

Villa Pozzi Tasting

Name: Villa Pozzi 
Variety: 
Nero D'Avola
RegionSicily
Country: Italy  
Year: 2010
Price: $8.95


Review: Very dark purple, with a reddish-violet edge, typical of this grape. Black plums, a hint of licorice and subtle spice, not overly complex but appealing. A big mouth full of juicy black fruit is well structured by tart acidity and soft but distinct tannins. 

My Review: The first scent I smelled with this wine was the plum. That was very apparent. Then I also smelled a hint of strawberry. Getting past the dryness of red wines is still a struggle for me. The dryness in this wine felt overpowering. The only taste I really picked out of this wine was licorice, but without the description I'm not sure I would have been able to even get that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment