Sunday, February 3, 2013

Rex - Goliath Moscato Wine Tasting

Name: Rex-Goliath
Variety: Moscato 
Region: South America
Country: Argentina 
Year: 2012
Price: $5.95

ReviewRex Goliath Moscato is a very special wine. Bright, crisp, and decadent. I liken sipping it to sipping liquid gold. It’s well-balanced with just the right acidity combined with pretty floral aromas that bloom into deliciously sweet flavors of peach and apricot. Perfect anytime – as an apéritif, with light cheeses, sorbets, or fruit. It’s so good, you’ll be tempted to put your dessert aside and enjoy this refreshing wine alone.

My Review: I decided to start with Moscato because that is the wine I am most comfortable with, but I tried a new brand. The smell of the wine was not that appealing to me. I am not sure what I was smelling but I was expecting it to have a much lighter, fruitier scent. However, the taste was very fruity and it tasted juicy. Kind of like apple juice. After I ate the cheese (we used brie), the taste became much more harsh and less fruity. I personally liked the wine a lot less after having cheese. But overall, I liked this wine and would definitely buy it again, especially with the price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment