Thursday, February 28, 2013

Dibon Cava Brut Reserve Tasting

Name: Dibon Cava Brut Reserve
Variety: 
45% Macabeo, 25% Xarel-lo, 30% Parellada
RegionPenedes
Country: Spain  
Year: NV
Price: $9.95


Review: Light gold with plenty of bubbles, this wine has aromas of apples and pears with pleasant floral notes. Crisp and light-bodied on the palate, stone fruit flavors are accompanied by a mild minerality and balanced acidity. A delicious sparkler for a great price!

My Reivew: When smelling this wine, it reminded me a lot of moscato. It had that very sweet, fruity, almost apple juicy kind of smell to it. The first thing I noticed when I tasted it, was of course the fizz. I really liked that because I love carbonated drinks. It was very crisp and light and definitely not as dry as I was expecting. Maybe I have the wrong idea of what brut means. 

No comments:

Post a Comment