Thursday, February 28, 2013

Maipe Chardonnay Tasting

Name: Maipe Chardonnay
Variety: 
85% Chardonnay, 15% Viognier, 30% malolactic fermentation, 30% aged in French oak barrels.
RegionMendoza
Country: Argentina   
Year: 2012
Price: $7.95


Review: Brilliant yellow golden color with green hints. The wine is crisp and filled with white peach, pear, green apple flavors, toasty vanilla. Elegant and luscious wine, well balanced. Crisp and long finish. Pairs well with creamy soups, pork, veal, vegetables. 

My Review: When smelling this wine the first thing I smelled was maple. I'm not sure if that is something I should be smelling but it was very apparent to me. It smelled very sweet, in a dessert wine way, not in a fruity way. The taste was very heavy and I got a very sourish, meaty flavor... I think this wine was just not for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment