Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tinto Figaro

Name: Tinto Figaro 
Variety: 100% Garnacha

RegionCalatayud
Country: Spain  
Year: 2009
Price: $6.95


Review: Figaro is 100% Garnacha, made from a selection of the best grapes grown in the oldest vineyards. While not truly an "oaked wine," a short stay in oak barrels provides a nice spicy flavor boost. Bright violet. Dark berry and cherry aromas show a jammy aspect. Supple and gently sweet, with good lift to its black raspberry and boysenberry flavors. Smooth and broad on the finish, leaving behind a hint of spiciness. Extremely east to drink and an excellent value. 

My Review: After tasting this wine, I cannot believe that the review said it was easy to drink.The nose on this wine was very strong, I got a lot of raspberry smells and a hint of chocolate. The taste was extremely strong, just way too intense for my palate. It was oaky and had a very long lasting and extreme after taste. I did not want to finish the rest in my glass with this wine. Probably my least favorite so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment