Thursday, March 21, 2013

Cortenova Pinot Grigio Tasting

Name: Cortenova 
Variety: Pinot Grigio

RegionVeneto
Country: Italy  
Year: 2012
Price: $7.95


ReviewBrilliant straw color with emerald reflections.
Fresh and floral bouquet with a hint of pears, apricots and bananas. Fresh and inviting with bright fruit and an easy drinking style with a pleasing hint of almonds in the aftertaste.
Pairs well with seafood dishes, risottos with scampi, spaghetti with clams, sole in white wine  Perfect also as an aperitif.

My Review: I really liked this Pinot Grigio. Before I got into Moscatos and really sweet wines, I loved Pino Grigio. I was really happy to taste this one and remember why. The nose was very apple-y to me, which is something I tend to smell in white wines. It was very floral tasting and I had trouble putting a name on the other flavors I tasted. But the taste was very light and I really liked this wine.  I would definitely buy this to have with shrimp or a light chicken meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment