Thursday, March 21, 2013

Potluck Sweet Malbec Tasting

Name: Potluck Sweet Malbec  
Variety: Malbec 
Region: 
Mendoza 
Country:
 Argentina 
Year:
 2010 
Price:
 $7.95 


Review:  Deep red brilliant with violet hints. Complex, fruity, andpredominant red fruits. Easy to drink, round with persistent sweetness, very well balanced with sweet tannins. 

My Review: The nose had subtle scents of honeysuckle, it smelled very sweet. I almost thought I smelled pie filling instead of the normal fruits, just much sweeter. The taste with this wine was different, because I actually thought I tasted grape juice. Whereas with other wine, a lot of the other flavors come through a lot, I could really taste the grape in this wine. There was a bite in the aftertaste, maybe of a kind of passionfruit? It was definitely an interesting finish to the wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment